Pages

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Giving Thanks Day 29 - Divine Acts of Kindness

I had today's post all figured out until a couple of hours ago.  I'll start with my original post because you'll see that it's pretty important also (not the stuff part, but the love and time part).  I am extremely thankful for my parents and the time Nate and I spent with them this morning.  Mother wanted to buy Nate some new cowboy boots.  We had a fun morning together - breakfast at Cracker Barrel, boot store, and Bass Pro Shop.  Nate loves them so much and they are really awesome grandparents. 

A couple of hours ago, a sweet couple from church gave us a generous donation to our adoption!  Words seriously cannot express how grateful we are to God for their kindness and generosity.  I read a lot of adoption blogs (and have actual friends that have experienced this) and have read about these "random" acts of kindness - people giving a family money to help with their adoption expenses, not in exchange for a good or service, but because God put that family on their heart and they wanted to help.  They aren't random acts of kindness at all, they are actually divine acts of kindness.  We experienced one of those divine acts of kindness tonight.  Thank you kind couple from church and thank you God!

No comments: