We spent Labor Day weekend camping with my parents on Lake Martin. We had a great time. On Saturday we went to a huge flea market that sold everything from puppies (can you say puppy mill?) to
faux designer sunglasses. We didn't buy anything, but it was fun just looking at everything. On Sunday we went to a really neat gourmet market that has been built since our last camping trip. It was quite different from the flea market. :) We didn't buy anything at the market either, but I love to cook and watch Food Network so it was fun to see ingredients and different things that you don't see in the grocery stores in our neck of the woods. It was a great place to take pictures and as you can see I definitely took advantage of the beautiful grass and landscaping. Later that evening we went to see an Elvis impersonator. Who needs Vegas when you can see a free Elvis impersonator at a camp ground? I was not real excited about going, but Nate loves music so I knew he would enjoy it and he did. Nate had a fun time dancing and watching the other kids dance. Elvis would throw candy to the kids, which kept them interested, which kept their parents there, which gave Elvis an audience. He was actually fairly entertaining throwing scarves, roses etc. out to the "fans." He had a pretty snazzy jumpsuit with lots of shiny sequin appliques which was fun to look at, but also made me think what in the world was the real Elvis thinking.
Overall we just had a great trip. We have a beach trip planned in a few weeks and we are really excited about it. I hope the weather is as good as it was last year.

A few of my favorite pictures...

Nate and Pops

I love this picture because Nate was laughing and having such a great time and this picture definitely portrays that.
No comments:
Post a Comment