Pages

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Ashlyn's 15th Birthday

My niece, Ashlyn, celebrated her 15th birthday on August 22nd. I cannot believe that she is already 15. I will never forget the day she was born. She was born around 9:00 AM the first day of my senior year of high school. I didn't go to school that day so that I could be at the hospital when she arrived. I was so excited to meet her and it was love at first sight.

We actually celebrated her birthday on two different days. I personally think it's a great idea to celebrate your birthday on more than one day. I know people who celebrate the entire week, which is also another good option. :) On her actual birthday our family went out to dinner and bowling. Nate had a blast at the bowling alley. He LOVED all of the bright colored balls and the music.





Nate was getting really sleepy...and wild. Why is it that the sleepier toddlers get the more energy they seem to have?





We celebrated again later that week with yummy cake and ice cream. My dad actually got Nate to eat cake and ice cream. He usually will not eat either one of them. The highlight of the night was going for a drive with Ashlyn. She only scared me a couple of times. I'm joking. She drove really well. Hopefully she will drive that safe when she's by herself or with friends.

No comments: