Light Gives Heat
There is a beautiful video demonstrating what they do here. For all of my friends with magazine beads, you can see how they are made in the video. :) Also take a moment to meet the artisans. I LOVE seeing and reading about the people involved in making the products I purchase.
Here are a few of their beautiful products.


This pullover is on my Christmas list. :)

Shona Congo
The best thing about their products is that they are handmade by women in eastern Congo who are physically handicapped. There would be little or no employment opportunities for these women without this ministry. When you purchase products from Shona Congo you are providing hope, encouragement, and income for these women. Such beautiful faces! See them all here.

There is a lot of unrest going on in Congo right now and the Shona ladies have had to leave their home because it was unsafe. Please pray for these ladies and all of the other people in Congo. I know that a lot of people think things are "bad" in our country right now. Be thankful that our "bad" looks like paradise to Congo residents and lots of other people groups around the world. We have so very much to be thankful for!

Here are a few of their beautiful products.
I actually purchased this table runner for a birthday gift. It was beautifully made and great quality. I would definitely purchase from Shona Congo again!
3 Cords
"3 Cords is a social enterprise founded in September 2010 to train, employ, and empower Haitian women and their families. Our mission is to provide opportunities for physically handicapped women, and to show them that they are both beautiful and valuable. We do this by training the women as artisans in a loving, community oriented environment." Read more about them here.

I recently ordered this purse. It is beautifully made and great quality. When you receive your order, each item will have a 3 Cords tag including the name of who made your product. You can go here and see all of the beautiful faces of this ministry.

My purse was made by Gernise. Another beautiful smile. :)

I am wearing this cord right now. :) I love it!


Serrv
"For more than 60 years, SERRV has worked to eradicate poverty through our direct connections with low-income artisans and farmers. We market their crafts and foods, find joint solutions to their challenges, and help them grow and embrace the future. One of the first alternative trade organizations in the world, SERRV is a founding member of the World Fair Trade Organization (formerly IFAT) and a founding member of the Fair Trade Federation (FTF)." You can read more about them here.
They have a HUGE variety of products.
I can't wait to try this spicy hot chocolate. They also have milk chocolate and dark chocolate. Who wouldn't want some yummy hot chocolate this Christmas?

Speaking of chocolate, how about buying a box of these Divine candy bars? You could make Christmas a little sweeter for each person on your list.




Please also check out these other great organizations. (I wish I had time to write more about them.) I also encourage you to check out my friend's blog, Dancing Upon Injustice. She highlights organizations like these on a regular basis. Thanks again Sandi!
Punjammies
Sevenly
Ornaments for Orphans
Story Company
Timbali Crafts
No comments:
Post a Comment