Pages

Sunday, September 4, 2011

September is Childhood Cancer Awareness Month

I just finished reading about a precious boy, Evan who is dying of cancer.  I tried to think of a gentler way to say that, but the truth is he's dying.  He is from Alabama.  He is currently at St. Jude's hospital in Memphis, but in the next day or two his parents will bring him home and he will die.  I cannot even type those words without tearing up.  I don't even know this family but I have just cried and prayed for them not having a clue how they must feel.  Sadly, I do know a family that knows exactly how they feel.  We are in a small group at church with a precious family that lost their beautiful four year old daughter to cancer.  The funeral of a four year old is one you will never forget.  There is also a precious little girl, Lilianna, from our community who is currently battling leukemia.
I trust God's sovereignty and I know that His will is perfect, but I don't understand why children have to be sick and suffer and why some families have to walk this horrific road.  Please take a moment and pray for these families and all of the many, many families battling childhood cancer all over the world.

No comments: