Pages

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Cookies

Today was a cold and dreary day - the perfect day for making homemade cookies. This is the first time I have braved doing something like this with Nate. It actually went pretty well and Nate had a great time, which is what really matters.

Immediately after I snapped this picture the measuring cup went flying and most of the flour that was in it. That was our biggest mishap, so I guess that's not too bad.
I think Nate may have had the most fun playing in the water.
He also enjoyed squeezing the dough.
Nate didn't get the concept that you had to gently pick up the cookies. Instead he would just scoop up the dough.
I don't have any pictures of Nate decorating the cookies because he got too preoccupied with the sprinkles. Then they all started getting stuck to his hands and he didn't like them as much.
Here are a couple of our finished cookies - a pumpkin and a cat. I had bigger and better decorating ideas, but by the time decorating rolled around icing and sprinkles seemed like the way to go. :)

1 comment:

Raegan & Caleb said...

Looks like fun. I plan on doing some baking and such with Isabelle once we are settled in. I know the cookies won't be perfect, but it'll be fun doing them together.