Pages

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Twilight

Unless you've been living under a rock, you know that the movie Twilight is now in theatres. I read the book about three years ago when I was working as a media specialist. I really loved the book so I was very excited when I heard it was being made into a movie. A few weeks ago some friends from church planned a Twilight movie night. We planned to have dinner and see the movie on opening night (last night). We were all so excited. It's like we were 13 again. A few girls had on "Edward Prefers Brunettes" t-shirts. One girl even made us all goody bags that included soda cans featuring either a vampire or a werewolf. I'll be the first to admit that the movie was a little cheesy and over-the-top in places and the special effects could have been a lot better, but overall I really enjoyed it. I also loved the environment. There were plenty of other adults in the theatre, but it was mostly teenagers. They were so funny. The first time Edward appeared on screen they simultaneously screamed and applauded. It was great. This happened several times during the movie - not enough to be annoying, but fun. For the few of you reading this who haven't read Twilight, you need to read it. Don't skip the book and just do the movie. Movies are (sometimes) great, but books are ALWAYS better.



1 comment:

Haley said...

Congratulations on your goal weight! That is awesome! Love all the Christmas pics of Nate, I had a fun time with y'all. And that movie, I don't know anything about it, guess I was the one person living under that rock!