Pages

Friday, October 17, 2008

Fall Beach Trip

So many friends have told us how great the beach is in the fall, so a few months ago we made reservations for October. We were hoping that the weather would live up to our expectations and it was perfect. The Lord truly blessed us with wonderful weather and a wonderful trip. Nate loved the beach. He loved playing in the sand and the water. He also loved visiting our neighbors on the beach. He would sit and play for a few minutes but would soon be ready to take off to visit who ever was nearby. Needless to say, I didn't do a lot of reading or relaxing while we were at the beach.


Posted by Picasa
I decided that we should try to get some family pictures on the beach one afternoon. So, we got dressed in our cliche beach picture attire and headed to the beach. I don't know what I was thinking. Nate would not be still, not even for a second. It was a comedy. We were laughing. People around us were laughing. We had our tripod, but a nice man offered to take our picture. First of all, I don't think he had a lot of experience with digital cameras, but that really didn't matter because Nate, of course, would not cooperate. We did manage to get a few cute pictures, but not any of the three of us. If Nate looks still in any of these pictures, it was just luck, trust me.



Here are a few pictures that were taken throughout the week while were shopping, out to dinner, etc. We went to the Bass Pro Shop and I must admit that the fish in their tank are a little more impressive that the ones in Prattville. They had fish bigger than Nate! A couple of the other pictures were taken in a butterfly garden at the campsite. We have been camping at this site for about six years and this is a new addition. The garden isn't very large, but the flowers are beautiful and there were a lot of butterfly fluttering around. Unfortunately I didn't get any pics with Nate and a butterfly in the same shot.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It looks as though y'all had a great time! Nate is growing so much and just seems to be enjoying life:) I'm so happy for you.