I have really been putting my Family and Consumer Science (Home Economics) degree to good use the past couple of weeks. Since becoming a stay-at-home mom, I have tried to be super economical and not waste food like I am ashamed to say that we did all of the time when I was working. My mom has even started calling me the freezer queen. So when someone asked me if I wanted (for free) 25 pounds of peaches, 20 pounds of tomatoes, and a bunch of bell pepper; I said of course! I had so much fun freezing all of those things that I purchased some peas to freeze also. I think we may have to invest in another freezer.
Just to be fair, I felt I should balance all of this kitchen time with some sewing. So, I made Nate a pair of shorts and a shortall. They both turned out really well. The shortall is a little bigger than I wanted, but I guess that's better than being too small. I am fortunate to have a friend with a sewing machine that embroiders. She appliqued the t-shirt and monogrammed the shortall for me.

3 comments:
Keep up the good work. If I ever have a small one I will pay you to make some for me. I seriously doubt I could do it:)
They look great miss susie homemaker!
oh those are adorable! so glad you posted them on here for us to see!
Post a Comment