
We had such a great time Thursday night. We had planned to have the party outside and was a little disappointed when a thunderstorm changed our plans. Regardless of the weather, it was a great time to be with family and celebrate Nate's first year. He is definitely a people person, so he LOVED all of the attention. He didn't seem too interested in his cake. I thought he would at least enjoy smashing it, but he didn't even want to do that even after Darren helped him get started. He did eat a few bites of icing, but was quickly ready to get out of his high chair and play. Thanks everyone for the love you have showered Nate with the last year. We are so thankful for all of you!!!
On Friday when Nate finished his lunch I decided that I would try giving him some cake and see if he was more interested without all of the distractions he had Thursday night. He loved it! He ate almost all of it and was covered in cake and icing. Needless to say, Nate had a bath early on Friday. I have to admit after seeing the mess he made Friday, I was glad that he didn't love the cake Thursday night.


Here is Nate enjoying one of the many great gifts he received.



No comments:
Post a Comment