Pages

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Father Son Camp-out

A couple of weeks ago Darren hosted a father son camp-out.  There were a total of 7 adults and 9 kids who camped over night.  They camped in a wooded area near the pasture behind our house.  They cooked hot dogs and s'mores over the campfire, shot BB guns, and played on rolls of hay.  There was no electricity or running water.  They were definitely roughing it.

I have no pictures of this fun event, because it was "boys only."  Nate was insistent about this.  "No girls allowed," he would say.  So, in honor of his request, I did not make an appearance for pictures and Darren did not think to take any.  I wish I would have gone over that morning for a picture or two.  Darren said it looked like a little tent city.

We are so thankful to live in the country with space to host fun events like this.  We are also thankful for great friends.

No comments: