Pages

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Goodbye Peach Trees

The last few weekends have been beautiful and perfect for some much needed yard work.  One of our biggest projects was cutting down our peach trees.  


I will miss their beautiful blooms and yummy fruit, but peaches (actual edible ones without worms or rotting) are a lot of work.  They require lots and lots and lots of spraying with pesticides and other things.  So we decided it was time to let them go and enjoy peaches from the farmer's market.  On a side note, I have a hard time believing people can actually grow "organic" peaches.  If you know that secret, please let us know. :)


Nate had the best time sawing peach limbs.  I will admit that I was a little nervous when I found out that Darren had given him a real saw.  But, Darren taught him how to use it properly and Nate still has all of his digits.


Nate's job was to use his saw to mark a spot for Darren to finish cutting with the chainsaw.  He was very determined and focused and took his job very seriously. 




I love this face. :)

 


This kid is growing up.  Too fast.


No comments: