The next morning, we headed over to Mississippi to the Gulf Coast Gator Ranch. If you watch Gator Boys, you've probably seen the gator ranch featured on the show.
We are just about to take off for an air boat swamp tour.
The tour was a good mixture of alligator education and fun. The boat ride got pretty wild at times. Not scary wild, fun wild.
We got to hold a baby alligator!
It was surprisingly soft and smooth.
On the walking tour, we saw a bunch of big alligators in their natural environment. It was a cool day and they were moving around a good bit, which was really fun. At the zoo, the one alligator is always just laying there doing nothing.
This guy was the biggest. The picture does not do his massive body justice. I wonder what happened to his claw?
The walking path is over the alligator habitat and there were a lot of alligators swimming around and under us. This is the nose of a pretty big gator that swam right under us.
After the gator ranch, we headed for Dauphin Island. On the way, we went through Bayou LaBatre and saw lots of shrimp boats.
Unfortunately, it was not ideal beach weather. It was extremely windy and even rained a little bit, but rain or shine, we love the beach.
We sure do love this girl. She is a great niece and a super cousin to Nate. Just today, Nate was talking about how much he loves Ashlyn.
Nate had to put his feet in the water. I tried to talk him out of it but he insisted. I can't blame him. :)
Of course the sun came out as we were leaving the beach.
Our last stop of the day was the Dauphin Island Sea Lab. I wish I had more pictures. It was really neat and we almost had the entire place to ourselves. It was nice to look at things as long as we wanted and not be rushed.
It was a great trip. Nate and I always enjoy spending time with Ashlyn. Going to her dorm brought back so many memories of my freshman year of college, which was 18 years ago!!! How is that possible?
No comments:
Post a Comment