Pages

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Callaway Gardens

During Spring Break week we made the last minute decision to go to Callaway Gardens to try out their new zip line course, Tree Top Adventure.   My parents and my niece, Ashlyn, went with us.  Darren, Ashlyn and I did the course while my parents and Nate cheered us on (and took pictures) from down below. 



I must confess that heights are not my thing.  Aerial shots on TV can make my stomach do flips.  I was VERY nervous when we first got started.  I wasn't nervous about falling or the equipment failing, I just do not like the sensation I get when I am high above the ground.  I honestly wanted to quit on the first obstacle, but Nate was down below watching.  I did not want him to see his momma quit two minutes into this adventure.  I literally kept saying "be brave for Nate, be brave for Nate, don't let him see you quit."  After about ten minutes I began to be comfortable and relax and have fun.



There are several obstacles and five zip lines in the course.  It took us a good 90 minutes to complete it.  This (below) was the absolute hardest obstacle.  I could not wait to get done with this one.




I am so thankful Ashlyn got to go with us.  She is a senior this year and will be leaving for college in the fall. 




Of course we had to check out the butterfly garden. 

  



We loved all of the fun spring topiaries. 


No comments: