About a week before we went to the beach, God put an idea in my head. Our local library doesn't do story time in the summer (which I think is silly by the way). I thought "I should do my own story time." (I do have a library science degree after all). Then God gave me the idea of doing story time in the community as an outreach opportunity. I called our church's children's minister and she was excited to help. We kicked off story time in the park last week. We got to meet several families in the community and are excited about building relationships with them.
God has changed my heart so much the last couple of years. One of the things I've learned is if God puts something on your heart, do it. Be wise and pray, but DO NOT wait until all of the details are perfect (or even worked out) or until you have lots of support from family, friends, church family, etc. If we wait until the time is "right" or everyone agrees on a plan, we may be waiting a long time or things may never get done. In John 4:35 Jesus was talking to the disciples and said "Do you not say, 'Four months more and then the harvest'? I tell you, open your eyes and look at the fields! They are ripe for the harvest." Jesus was emphasizing to the disciples the urgency of the gospel.
I am, without a doubt, a people pleasing, overthinker. I want everyone to "like" my ideas and be as excited about them as I am. I want to think through things and all of the details over and over and over again before I share them with others, much less put them to action. I am sure Satan loves these types of Christians who get so caught up in the questions and answers that they never do anything. I don't want to be that person anymore. God wants me to be a person of action and I want to be that person also. Things may not always work out perfectly and things may not seem "successful" to the world or even other believers. But, God doesn't ask us to be perfect, just willing.
On a lighter note, we've gone to a couple of birthday parties this summer and have another one coming up this weekend. Here are some fun pictures from our cousins' party. Haley knows how to do a birthday party! She is super talented and makes a lot the decor herself. (She also does a lot of our (Cover)ed towel designs).
The Birthday Boys
Haley put this bandana on Nate's head. It was so cute. He looked like a mini Rambo.
Sword fighting with Dad
No comments:
Post a Comment