Pages

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Print your blog!

Over a year ago I read about blog2print.  It's a really cool online service that allows you to turn your blog into a fancy schmancy blog book.  Even though I had this on my to do list for a long time, I finally did it about a month ago.  Printing my blog was important to me because I don't scrapbook and I don't think blogs will be around forever.  Trends in technology come and go.  And, my inner media specialist (librarian) likes the idea of having a hard copy of my blog to pass along to Nate when he gets older. 

Here's the high points.  You go to their site and upload your blog.  It doesn't take long...unless you have dial up.  Does anyone still have dial up?  You can upload using date ranges or do your entire blog.  I started blogging in January of 08 so decided to print three separate books for 08, 09 and 2010.  You choose a soft or hard cover, a title for your book, and a front and back picture.  There are more options, but those are the high points.  It's very reasonably priced.  I printed three years worth of blog posts in three separate books for $101.00.  They were doing a 15% off special when I printed.  They run these specials pretty often so you might want to wait until they are having a sale.  Shipping was free.  I received my books in about a week.  Darren and I were very pleased.  The books are excellent quality and all of the pictures are clear.





Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Raegan & Caleb said...

That's cool. I will have to look into that.

Also, we need to get together soon. Let's get an email going and set a date.

Haley said...

I have GOT to do this!

Unknown said...

I've done 2 of these now and they are great! I think the grandparents expect one for Christmas now!