Tonight was our church Christmas program. This was Nate's first time to sing in a preschool program. To say that it was entertaining is an understatement. Our sweet, precious Nate was the WILD child that has the audience in stitches. Darren said he knew it was going to be bad when Nate was walking to the stage and said loudly "We're going to the stage!" Then when they got on the stage, he yelled "We're on the stage!" I moved down front to get pictures. Before they started singing Nate started reciting another child's lines...lines the other child had already said. His choir teacher kindly shushed him, but he never checked up. At this point, I began to laugh uncontrollably. I honestly don't even remember hearing them sing. I remember Nate discovering a microphone right above his head and realizing how loud he sounded, which encouraged him to talk even louder. When he decided to sing he just mumbled words/sounds to the tune of the music. When he saw me sitting down front, he started saying "there's Mommy" over and over again. I kept thinking I need to stop this train wreck, but all I could do was laugh. I laughed so hard that tears were streaming down my face. I looked around and the people around me were doing the same thing. All of the other children behaved pretty well, so I guess Nate provided some entertainment. He has another preschool program this week and I'm already wondering what in the world he will do. We will be having lots of conversations about the upcoming performance. For the record, we had lots of conversations about this performance. The worst part is we didn't video it. We discussed it and decided not to take the camera. Several people asked if we captured this hilarious moment on video. A friend offered to let us make a copy of her video. I think we will definitely be doing that.


No comments:
Post a Comment