Pages

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Beach Trip

We went to the beach last week and had a wonderful time. The weather was perfect and the water was beautiful. Nate loves the beach and loves getting in the water, but this year we were surprised at how fearless he was. This is not like him at all since he has always been such a cautious child. He didn't mind being hit in the face with a wave or even being knocked down. The funny thing is that he can't stand to get even the tiniest drop of water in his eyes when he's taking a bath.
Nate is really starting to say some funny things. One night he was trying his best to stay awake even though he was so sleepy and my mom told him good night. He told her "You say good night, but I say good morning." When he is really involved in an activity and we tell him that it's time to do something else he'll say "Hey, wait a minute. Let me play just a few more minutes." He got the "hey, wait a minute" from Mater on Cars. He says it just like Mater and it cracks us up every time. We can also ask him how something tastes or how he likes something and he'll say "Pretty good, huh?" I am pretty sure this came from Cars also. Believe it or not, he doesn't even watch it that often. I guess he's saying so many many things from Cars lately since he watched it on the way and way back from the beach.
I also just want to mention how loving Nate is being right now. He'll go through stages where he's too busy for hugs or kisses, but he is in a loving stage right now. He will give us the best hugs and kisses without us even asking for them. His favorite thing to do is have a group hug with me and Darren. It's sooooo sweet. I love this child so much and I'm so thankful for him.





Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Amber's Thoughts said...

Great beach pictures! I especially love the close-up of Nate. Hmmm...I wish I had a nice big camera like yours... :)