Yesterday Darren and I went kayaking with some friends on the Coosa River. We had a great time. It's been a while since we did anything like this so I did kind of freak out when we turned over. I didn't mind getting in the water, my freak out was more about the rocks that I could feel around my legs and the waves crashing around my head. I did manage to get myself together pretty quickly to remember the cardinal rule about keeping your feet up so they don't get caught in the rocks. I made it to the kayak several minutes before Darren and I kept yelling at him to swim faster. When he got to me he told me that it was kind of hard to swim fast holding on to both of our paddles. Uh-oh. The very eloquent and experienced (sarcasm) teenager that gave us our two minute training session told us to make sure we grab our paddles when we turn over. Let me tell ya, grabbing my paddle was the last thing on my mind when we turned over. I'm so thankful that Darren was on the ball and didn't just take care of himself, but me also. Hmm, that scenario sounds very familiar. :) We really did have a great time and it was good to do something adventurous. Darren said we need to do stuff like this more often so we don't become old "fuddy duds." If you live in the area and are interested you can find out more info at http://coosariveradventures.com/. It's a lot of fun and surprisingly inexpensive.
Summertime Sweets
3 weeks ago

No comments:
Post a Comment