Pages

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Dyeing Easter Eggs

This morning we went to my parents to dye Easter eggs. My mom has a picnic table on her screened-in porch that has been egg dyeing central for years. It's great because we don't have to worry if we make a little bit of a mess - or a really big mess like Nate did today. I really didn't know if Nate was old enough to really enjoy dyeing eggs, but I thought we would give it a try. I'm so glad we did, because he LOVED it. From the moment he dropped the dye tablets into the cups, he was totally captivated. He loved dropping the eggs into the cups. By the end there was almost as much dye on the table as in the cups. He also loved banging the eggs together. His hands were covered in dye and I was beginning to wonder if it was going to wash off, but we finally got it all during bath time.

1 comment:

CaseyCMom said...

These are such fun pictures. I still love dyeing eggs myself, so it's a convenient excuse for me to have two kids who enjoy it! I am glad Nate had so much fun-he is a precious little boy.