Pages

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Black and Blue Festival

This morning we attended the Black and Blue Festival at Petals from the Past. It was so much fun. We picked blueberries, listened to information about growing blackberries and blueberries, and sampled some great treats made with blackberries and blueberries. They also had pony rides and a small petting zoo area. Nate loved the blueberries. I love to introduce him to new flavors and textures so he will hopefully not be a picky eater. By the way, blueberries from the grocery store do not even compare to fresh picked blueberries. They will be in season for several more weeks if you are interested in picking some at Petals from the Past. I am pretty sure you can pick any time any day of the week.

While I was trying to get a picture of Nate and the goats, this sweet little goat licked Nate's toes. I never thought they could stick their head that far out of the pen. Thankfully it was only a lick and not a nip.


Now for some cow education. This is a Belted Galloway (like Angus, etc.). Nate has the cutest book called Clancy the Courageous Cow that's about a solid black Belted Galloway that feels left out because he's beltless (no white stripe). I have never seen an actual Belted Galloway cow, so I thought it was kind of neat. I must admit this little guy is probably not the best example for his breed.

No comments: